New Server Maybe?

Getting SSL enabled on the server is a pain sometimes, but it’s still not quite available… yet.

I ran into some odd errors while trying to get it enabled and I’m not very happy at the moment. So, I might get the server changed to a new host where I should have less problems getting SSL enabled.

If I do change servers, everything will remain the same, I will transfer all of the current data so none of you will lose your nicknames and such. Same goes for the bot configurations. The domain will remain the same, I just have to ask the provider of the domain to update the A Record to point to it.

I’ll post any other updates as I get them.

Quick Update
Just so anyone knows, please see the comments for this post for further updates. It will explain why the server is currently offline.

  1. Alright, quick update. I can’t say this is a new provider, as having the extra perks would be nice, but I can’t pay for bandwidth overages that’s possible with IRC servers. Instead, I’ll be changing servers that’s on the provider, so if there are any hiccups for the next 24-48 hours, I do apologize. I’ll have to do some quick edits to the configuration files, but I should be able to get the IRC up pretty soon.
    As a just in case matter, I will go ahead and shut down the IRC and wait until the move is complete and go from there. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience.

  2. Sorry for the delay, but y’all will have to wait a bit longer I’m afraid. Since I just got word that I got put on a new server, I’m going to have to recompile them, and at the time of this post, I can’t do that. -_- Don’t fret though, the moment I get the chance, the server will be back up and running in no time. I’ll also see if I can get the A Record for the domain up, and *hopefully*, no more problems. >.>

  3. Server is now up and running. I do apologize for the delay on it. I’ll be working on the SSL part in due time, but after this, could use a break from debugging the errors I kept getting. >.>

  1. No trackbacks yet.